Course reserves and readings
Due to the library building closures, physical course reserve collections are not currently available. Course instructors may wish to consider the following.
Find online alternatives for your print course materials:
- The McGill Library Collection:
- Check for a digital version in the McGill Library collection: Search the Library catalogue (WorldCat Discovery)
- Explore alternative reading options among our vast collection of digital resources: Search the Library catalogue (WorldCat Discovery)
- Explore listings of discipline-specific resources curated by your Liaison Librarian: See Library subject guides
- Freely available online:
Create stable links to online Library resources:
- Creating links for ebook, ejournals, online articles, and other resources
- Creating and editing hyperlinks in a Word document
- Creating links in MyCourses
- Contact your Liaison Librarian to investigate the possibility of purchasing online versions of your print course materials.
- Or directly contact our Collection Services by using the Purchase Request Form.
Create a scan of your print course materials:
- General guidelines:
- Scanning print materials using your mobile device (IOS and Android):
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Download and install the One Drive app to your mobile device
- Sign-in using your McGill username and password
- For more information, please see Microsoft's instructions for using the app
- Need help? itsupport [at] mcgill.ca (contact ICS) for technical assistance
- Please see the Disability and Accessibility page for information about freely available assistive technologies, as well as information about accessibility features in MS Teams and Zoom.
- The OSD has a collection of documents with tips on how to implement accessible practices, particularly for making your PDFs accessible to screen readers and ensuring website accessibility.
Your Liaison Librarian is available to help with:
- Searching for/accessing online materials in the McGill Library collection
- Identifying Open Educational Resources/Open Textbooks in your discipline
- Investigating the possibility of purchasing online versions of your print course materials
- Troubleshooting assistance for creating links to online Library resources
Find your Liaison Librarian: Liaison Librarians listed by subject area